21 February 2008

Impressive aim

One shot, right on target.

Navy Missile Blasts Satellite, Fuel Tank Likely Destroyed:"
The use of the Navy missile amounted to an unprecedented use of components of the Pentagon's missile defense system, designed to shoot down hostile ballistic missiles in flight — not kill satellites."

Was this a thinly veiled attempt at a test of our missile defense system? Perhaps. And if the rest of the world doesn't like it, in my opinion, too bad.

Man, our US military capabilities are impressive.



I wonder if our military used the same type of missile to shoot down this satellite as they used to hit the Pentagon on 9/11? I couldn't even write that with a straight face. Stupid 9/11 troofers.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Ken

It is interesting that the system was designed for defense against IRBMs but works on LEO satellites, with some modifications. The AP was wrong on at least one count. They described it as a "one shot" but there were at least two more SM3s in the region.

Joe B

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if this emotion was wide-spread, but the morning after the satellte was shot down I felt a very strong sense of national pride. To me this was a very visible indication of our country's technological defense capabilities. Kind of gave me a warm fuzzy.
-Unga bunga

drken said...

I must admit that I had a warm fuzzy feeling, too. We rock.

 

Free Blog Counter