18 May 2008

Do McCain really want a flat tax?

John McCain is campaigning and making speeches across the US in anticipation of the presidential election where he will likely square off against Barack Obama. I'm not sure if McCain is pandering to people with my ideology on certain issues but when I hear things like a "flat tax" and "an end to the genocide in Darfur" you've got my attention.

The Australian: John McCain sets out lofty presidential ambitions: "He [McCain] predicted several years of 'robust' US economic growth under his stewardship, a flat tax rate, the 13 million illegal immigrants in the US living humanely under a temporary worker program, and an end to the genocide in Darfur."

Could the US really be in for some serious tax reform and will someone (the US, Europe, etc) finally do something to help the helpless in Darfur?

Could I really bring myself to vote FOR McCain instead of AGAINST Obama?

This presidential election is getting interesting, however, I'm not holding my breath.....yet.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter